Saturday, January 4, 2014

Pepperoni Bites

This recipe is the one I posted on facebook that actually started this blog.  I thought it would be fitting that this would be my first recipe posted. :-)  They are so, so good!!!  And they are easy!!  They should freeze well, too! I am planning on making a batch and may scoot a few in the freezer for a quick pre-game meal for Kasen.  They might even be good in his lunch box.  Hmmmmm.  I'll have to check that out! 


Ingredients:

1 1/2 c flour (I use gluten free flour)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 T Italian seasoning
1 1/2 c milk
2 eggs lightly beaten
2 c shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 c grated parmesan cheese
2 c pepperoni (diced)
1/4 tsp salt

preheat oven to 375; grease/spray muffin cups, whisk flour, baking powder, seasoning and salt; whisk in milk and egg; stir in moz., parm. and pepperoni.  Combine and let stand for 10 minutes.  Stir again and divide into mini muffin cups. Bake until golden - abt 25-30 minutes.

*** As soon as they come out of the oven, I top with a little garlic butter and that makes them melt in your mouth!!!

* I fill up the muffin cups and this recipe makes 48 mini bites.

* You could even heat some pizza sauce to dip, if you like.  We love 'em so much we don't even bother with the sauce tho'!  I don't think they would last long enough in this house to warm the sauce!!! :-P

YUM!!!! ;-)  Enjoy!

Oh, and by the way, I found this recipe on Pinterest.  There were several variations - some gf and some not.  The above is the recipe I used and the pic is the actual pic I took when they came out of the oven.  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment