Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Taco Pie

This is a SUPER EASY and tastes GREAT!  My two favorite things! :-)  This recipe came from www.bettycrocker.com.  This site has some great recipes using GF Bisquick.
If you look closely, you can see a little hole in this dish.  I think my hubby got a spoon into this before I could take my pic!


Ingredients:
1 lb lean ground beef
1 medium onion (or 1 tsp onion powder)
1 oz (2 Tbl) taco seasoning (or 1 package)
1 can chopped green chilies, drained
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup GF Bisquick
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:
Heat oven to 400 degrees.  Spray a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.  (Don't forget to spray that plate - I forgot and the bisquick stuck a bit! :-P)

Brown ground beef, drain and then add onion, stirring occasionally.  (I used onion powder since my boys won't eat an onion if they can see it!)  Stir in taco seasoning and spoon into pie plate.  (I make my own taco seasoning to make sure it's GF.  It's super easy and that way, I always have some on hand!) Top with chilies. (I used rotel here and put it in my blender so my boys wouldn't see chunks.  :-P  As long as they don't see something they think they don't like, they will eat it!)

In a small bowl, stir eggs, milk and Bisquick until blended.  Pour into pie plate right on top of the beef mixture.

Bake about 25 minutes.  Top with cheese and return to oven to bake an additional 2 - 3 minutes to melt cheese.  You can serve with lettuce, tomato, sour cream, even some jalapeno peppers! YUM!

Happy Dinner-time!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment